We, Zerhusen Kartonagen GmbH, are a mid-sized family company headquartered in Damme, Germany and specialized in the manufacturing and processing of corrugated board and the production of high-quality packaging. Günter and Roland Zerhusen founded the 3-man-trading operation in 1987, since we have evolved into one of the largest German corrugated board factories. A further location is to be opened on the A1 in Neuenkirchen-Vördern.
Thanks to the support of our 720 employees and with the help of a state-of-the-art, high-performing machine park, we are able to produce around 300 million m2 of corrugated board per year. We convert this into folding boxes, erecting boxes, die-cut and heavy goods packaging.
We then primarily supply our customers in the food, wood and furniture, plastics and metal industries, as well as online retail. In fiscal year 2023, we generated a turnover of 173 million euros with these products.
Our reliable logistics service delivers the finished goods to our customers just-in-time within a radius of 400 kilometers. Up to 130 truckloads leave our premises every day. In addition to the company's own fleet of 23 trucks, about 30 forwarding vehicles are currently driving exclusively for Zerhusen.
At the heart of our success are our dedicated employees and the long-standing customer and supplier relationships characterized by reliability and trust. We also attach great importance to social commitment - especially regarding our employees, the economy, and the region in the areas of health, education, sports, social affairs, children, and youth.
Figures & Data
Processing in million m²
Investments in € million
Sales development in € million
Our History in a Nutshell
- 2023Construction and commissioning of the second plant in NiedersachsenparkSecond transportation bridge at the headquarters goes into operationExpansion of production: Bobst Midline FFG 924, Bobst Masterline 3, Bahmüller Turbox 230, Göpfert SMT circular shearInstallation and commissioning of a new effluent treatment system20232022Plant expansion: enlargement of paper warehouse, start of construction of Plant II in Niedersachsenpark, transport bridge corrugator - Hall 11Expansion Production: WPA II "Vicky", Containerline CL2055, Emba 17020222021Expansion of company: extension of hall 11, sanitary building farmstead, technician offices in corrugator hallExpansion of production: Powerpacker, MuK-Robot behind Tubox XL, soundproofing gluing area2021
- 2020Expansion of company: new construction of the development center; new construction of hall 11 (11,000 m²); new construction of recreational facilities in hall 11•Expansion of production: 2. Evolution 2800 from Göpfert; strapping line 4 and 5; folding gluing machine Turbox XL; Trayline; 4. Wastepaper press in hall 11; Enpro facility behind Jetbox20202019Expansion of company: new construction of HRL 2 with 22,000 parking spaces, apprentice workshop in hall 2, bridge from hall 10 to HRL 2Expansion of production: 3. Master with 3 printing units; Powerpacker and MUK behind Turbox; 2. SRE from Göpfert; strapping line 3; folding gluing machine Jetbox 1700; Enpro facility behind Turbox20192018Expansion of company: extension of HRL-dispatch hall with delivery lanes 5 and 6Gatehouse building; roof renovation hall 1 and hall 2Expansion of production: Turbox 23002018
- 2017Commission of AFL and transport bridgeInauguration of corrugator followed by "family day" for employeesExpansion of production: 2. Mastercut 2.1 and flexpicker20172016New construction of the 17,000 m² corrugated sheet feeder plant with commissioning of the BHS corrugator in DecemberConstruction of the automatic format warehouse (AFL) in hall 4Construction of the 220 m long transport bridge connection the corrugator hall to the production20162015Expansion of the high-bay warehouseExpansion of halls 10 and 12New truck entrance via Borringhauser StraßeExpansion of production: Bobst FFG 8.20 ExpertProperty acquisition of 35,000 m² for corrugator plant2015
- 2014Optimization of the working process and preparation for the new construction measures20142013Expansion of production: six color rotary die-cutter Bobst DRO 28 NTConversion of hall 3 into production hall, automation of both folding gluing machinesExpansion of the maintenance department and creation of an IT-department20132012Expansion of the production area by 2,000 m² by converting hall 3 into a production hallExpansion of production: expansion of the conveyor technology with second Cyklop strapping lineWastepaper press, G3 ignition plotter and taper with additional gluing device2012
- 2011Property acquisition: farmstead SchwertannExpansion of production: laminating line, automatic stack turner, automatic packing station20112010Expansion of company: High-bay warehouse, dispatch center, pallet inspection site20102009Property acquisition: partial part of Schwertmann – 5 hectaresExpansion of production: Starfold and laminating unit2009
- 2008Expansion of company: Canopy Versand Halle 9 und Halle 4Expansion of production: Master 2.1, testing laboratory, operating offices20082007Expansion of production: Taper20072006Expansion of company: construction of raw material hall 10Expansion of production: Minda transfer car system, Evolution, and paint mixing facility2006
- 2005Expansion of company: new construction of administrative buildingProperty acquisition: area SchmiesingExpansion of production: central dust extraction system20052004Property acquisition and expansion of company: hall Nyhuis: modification for converting of small articles20042003Expansion of company: hall 9Expansion of production: Domino gluing machine, Martin Miniline, and Rota Stanze Klett2003
- 2002Expansion of company: Leichtbauhallen SportparkProperty acquisition: area of Krümpelmann to be used as a parking lot for personnel and commercial vehicles20022001Property acquisition: Sportpark Holz WeberExpansion of production: Die-cutting "Vision" and Plotter20012000Expansion of production: Martin Transline 28002000
- 1999Expansion of production: Paal paper press19991998Property acquisition of 7,500 m²19981997Property acquisition of 4,643 m²Expansion of company: new construction of hall 5 and 61997
- 1996Expansion production: Göpfert SRE19961995Expansion of production: several small machines19951994Expansion of production: Martin midline 924 and transformation station1994
- 1993Marc Zerhusen enters as production managerInstallation of first converting machine – Göpfert SlotterExpansion of company: new construction of common areas in production such as locker rooms.19931992Property acquisition of 3,130 m²Expansion of company: new construction of hall 4, dispatch building, and workshop19921991Property acquisition of 6,206 m²Expansion of company: new construction of hall 3 and loading zone1991
- 1990Expansion of company: Office renovation19901989Expansion of company: Extension of hall 219891988Property acquisition of 2,950 m²Expansion of company: new construction of hall 21988
- 1987Founding of Zerhusen Kartonagen GmbH, with the Commercial Register No. 1319 on 01.01 under Günter and Roland ZerhusenNumber of employees: 3Extension of hall 1Annual turnover: 2.7 million Deutsche marks19871986Property acquisition of 4,268 m²Construction of the first hall1986
Our employees are the cornerstone of our success with their professional expertise, reliability and commitment to the company. We employ people of different ages, cultures and nationalities, with and without disabilities.
Many of them come from the region and - which makes us particularly proud - some have been with us for a very long time. Working together in a spirit of partnership and appreciation is just as important to us as training and employee development.
The skills and the personal connections of our employees to customers, partners and suppliers are of great importance for our business relationships and for the quality of our products and processes. That is why one of our key objectives is to train our own expertise and retain qualified employees. We achieve this through a fundamentally appreciative and cooperative working relationship and through specific measures for employee training, retention, and development.
Certification according to DIN EN 15593
Certification according to FSC-STD-40-004
License number: FSC® C126262
Certification according to DIN ISO 9001:2015
Authorization number: DE AEOS 129859
EORI number: DE 5128846
Certification according to DIN ISO 50001:2018